Centre for Academic Primary Care (CAPC) based at the University of Bristol are looking for new Patient and Public Involvement and Engagement (PPI&E) contributors who would like to:
- help select research that is important and relevant
- help researchers design their projects
- help develop understandable information sheets for people taking part in research
- join a research management or advisory group
- help interpret the results of the research
- help make sure the research is reported in understandable ways
- help make sure good research is heard about.
There are currently two ways in which they could get involved:
- By joining a general pool of PPI&E contributors (anyone who uses primary care services and ideally on a regular basis)
- By becoming a CAPC PPI&E steering committee member
If your patients are interested in either opportunity, I have attached a flyer for both positions and some slightly more detailed information.
Any questions, please contact the CAPC PPI&E coordinators: Victoria Wilson and Julie Clayton at:
- 0117 331 4555